Thursday, June 12, 2014

Visual language explanation

I called my story (The Cabin) because of the cabin that they stayed in to save up money to buy the Herrick house in too many secrets.  In other words the shack.  I think that (The Cabin) is a freaky and mysterious name so that the people that read the title they will know if the book is for them or not.   This book can get a bit violent at certain times so what is the best age for this book?


This book is about a girl named (Becs), her mum (Tony), her step dad (Mark) and her step sister (Nick).  Becs dreams of going to Ascot High School but while she is staying in the cabin she found a new friend Isaiah.
While she was staying at the cabin she found out that the history of the Herrick family has too many secrets.


I made my sky black for the night sky and I put my words (The Cabin ) on the top left of the page I coloured them in cherry red with red fog around it.  Under the title there is a cliff that has the moon peering over the top of it with the light of the moon reflecting onto the cliff.  On the right side of the page there is a swirl of red smoke that is coming out of the chimney of the of the brown cabin at the bottom of the page beside the cliff.

To answer my initial question I would say the appropriate age for this book is 8 and over.  This book is for people that like mysteries and a tiny bit of thriller involved in the book they are reading.  This book is really interesting but even some parts of the story are a bit dark and violent it is still one of my all time favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment